I do not put up with this, why do you?
This is not the American Dream.
- Too many hours
- Exhausting, expanding workload
- Too little time with kids, family, social life
- Glass ceiling
- Unending stress
- Incompetent, demanding, disrespectful boss
- Office politics and drama
- Weekend interruptions, calls, emails
- Dwindling benefits
- Boring or nonexistent development program
- Threat of layoffs
- Constant, nit-picky rules and oversight
- Goals that make no sense or impossible to achieve
- Cut throat environment where doing the right thing is under-rewarded
- Stress at work invading and starting arguments at home
- Making money, but don’t have time to enjoy it
The American dream is financial independence. What we have sounds more like feudalism--the very thing that our country’s founders fought against.
Want a better gig? Want real independence? Whether it’s finding a more ethical work environment or starting your own business, you can leave the grind behind.
This is America--you don’t have to put up with this crap.